Topic: Bootstrap seo for developers
Website seo-optimization is a comprehensive and never-ending process.
Below I present a list of the most essential optimization practices we use. That list is constantly updated.
Many from mentioned below activities have own extensions in separate articles.
Global optimization (for the whole website)
- HTTPS / SSL
- Map XML for search engines
- Map HTML for people
- Dual Navigation - Upper (Navbar) for functional elements, Side (SideNav) for content categorizing + Footer (footer) for supplementary information.
- Robots.txt to exclude unnecessary websites
- Responsiveness - a website has to be perfect on all screens
- Compatibility with all browsers (except maybe for this unfortunate Internet Explorer)
- Attractive design - i.e. Google Material Design supplemented by our authorial solutions
- Concern for efficiency / speed of websites
- Dynamic content - which means a learning website that adapts its content to the needs and interests of the user
- UI adapted to content - documentation, products websites, forum, tutorials, articles - everything has to have a devoted interface. There is no one solutions that works equally well everywhere.
- Order in links - no broken links leading to nowhere
- Short, legible and descriptive links, e.g.: mdbootstrap.com/tables#responsive-template instead ofmdbootstrap.com/26dh263ysvcdhha/zxcs3vu
- Ordered and clear structure of links taking into account categorization of content and its scaling in the future
- Website submitted to the console (a tool for webmasters) of the major search engines.
Optimization on individual sub-pages
- H1 for a page title, H2 for a section sub-title - including keywords
- Supplemented Alt attributes and descriptions for every image
- Supplemented meta data - attractive titles and descriptions including keywords
- Complemented meta data for social media
- Placing the most important content of a specific sub-page (in terms on visibility of the user) immediately after loading the page.
- Avoiding duplicated content or complementing it with additional content
- Image optimization
- From time to time, reasonably placed links to external websites of high-quality
- rel=”nofollow” in most of cases of outgoing links
- Top quality content (it should be better than at competitors, at least). In case of specialist or technical issues, the user expects extended and comprehensive texts.
- Instead of single texts - creating series that lead the user, in meaningful way, from one text to another
- Reasonably used media and interactive elements (charts, maps)
- Frequent update of content and good communication channels with users (in our case mainly Web Push Notifications, Mailing and social media )
- Minimized invasiveness of pop-ups and replacing them with dynamically generated content
- Category: Miscellaneous