Author: Michal Szymanski
In this lesson, we'll learn basics of web analytics and behavioral analytics. This is the first step towards big data analysis.
It's important because thanks to this data we can:
- make our automation algorithms smarter
- see how the users really use our website
- check if the UI we build is efficient
- validate if the website truly help us accomplish business goals of our company
Step 1 - Template, BrandFlow script & Live Server
As always, I've prepared a simple HTML mockup which we'll use for the learning purpose of this lesson.
Of course, if you prefer, you can work directly on your production website. It's completely up to you.
If you want to use the prepared template, click the button below and unzip the downloaded package. Then open the project in the code editor and live server.Download Analytics template Live preview
If you use the prepared template, remember to place BrandFlow script in the
<head> section of the project and to launch the project via Live Server if you work on localhost.
Step 2 - creating an event
We'll start with something very simple.
We'll measure how many times has been clicked.
1) Go to brandflow.net/app/automation/condition and create new condition with the following parameters:
Condition name :
Important Button condition
. You can check it in the project if you want to make sure.
2) Go to brandflow.net/app/events/list
3) Click on button and create category named "HomePage Clickability"
4) Click on button and create event with the following parameters:
Event action :
Event label :
5) In the Triggers column click Add button and name the trigger "Important Button trigger"
6) Click on button and set Important Button condition
7) Save everything and publish the changes.
Step 3 - test
1) Refresh your project and click 6 times on
2) Wait around 5 minutes - that's the average time before BrandFlow update the data.
3) Go to brandflow.net/app/events/performance and enjoy the first collected data.
Previous lesson Next lesson
Spread the word: