Topic: What is the difference between MDB4 and MDB5
What is the difference between MDB4 and MDB5?
I only know that MDB4 uses Vue.2 and Boostrap4, and MDB5 uses VUE3 and Boostrap5. I don’t know the difference between the other two.
The most important thing is that the contents and functions of MDB4 and MDB5 are the same?
In MDB4, I don’t know how to modify the Primary-Color color and background color.
I cannot use Vue. 2 in MDB5. Is this certain? Or is there a compatible strategy?
The migration process requires knowledge of the following steps:
- MDB migration also means migration from Vue 2 to Vue 3 => https://v3.vuejs.org/guide/migration/introduction.html
- Bootstrap is now included inside MDB files, so it's not required to add it separately in the project
- We recommend adding Font Awesome and Roboto font as a link inside index.html => https://mdbootstrap.com/docs/b5/vue/getting-started/installation/
- The name of the package changed from
- The documentation of components and API is available here => https://mdbootstrap.com/docs/b5/vue/
- Keep in mind that we now recommend using Compostion API instead of Options API.
I hope you find these tips helpful.
Keep coding, Mikołaj from MDB
Services & Consulting
Hire our experts to help you design or build a dedicated project.
- User: Pro
- Premium support: Yes
- Technology: MDB Vue
- MDB Version: MDB4 6.7.2
- Device: NoteBook
- Browser: Chrome
- OS: Win 10
- Provided sample code: No
- Provided link: No