Author: Michal Szymanski
In this lesson, we'll learn the basics of web analytics and behavioral analytics. This is the first step towards big data analytics.
It's important because thanks to this data we can:
- make our automation algorithms smarter
- see how the users really use our website
- check if the UI we built is efficient
- validate if the website truly helps us accomplish the business goals for our company
Step 1 - Template, BrandFlow script & Live Server
As always, I've prepared a simple HTML mockup which we'll use for the purposes of this lesson.
Of course, if you prefer, you can work directly on your production website. It's completely up to you.
If you want to use the prepared template, click the button below and unzip the downloaded package. Then open the project in the code editor and live server.Download Analytics template Live preview
If you use the prepared template, remember to place the BrandFlow script in the
<head> section of the project and to launch the project via Live Server if you work on localhost.
Step 2 - creating an event
We'll start with something very simple.
We'll measure how many times an has been clicked.
1) Go to brandflow.net/app/automation/condition and create new condition with the following parameters:
Condition name :
Important Button condition
ID of the
. You can check it in the project if you wish to make sure.
2) Go to brandflow.net/app/events/list
3) Click on the button and create category named "HomePage Clickability"
4) Click on the button and create event with the following parameters:
Event action :
Event label :
5) In the Triggers column, click the Add button and name the trigger "Important Button trigger"
6) Click on the button and set the Important Button condition
7) Save everything and publish the changes.
Step 3 - test
1) Refresh your project and click 6 times on the
2) Wait around 5 minutes - that's the average time before BrandFlow update the data.
3) Go to brandflow.net/app/events/performance and enjoy your first collected data.
Previous lesson Next lesson
Spread the word:
Note: We can help you build your project.